There are countless hassle-free, clever ways to make your guest book reflect your personality, relationship, and wedding style. Here are a few ideas for an extra-special keepsake to savor long after the party’s over.
(Clockwise from Left)
1. Wishing Stones – Guests can write a special message to the newlyweds on these inexpensive river rocks, then make a wish as they drop their stone into a glass jar. This jar can then be displayed in a prominent location in the couple’s home.
2. Cloth Covered Bulletin Board – A simple bulletin board can be a cute and easy way to do something a little different with your guest book. You can also incorporate your wedding colors using different fabrics and ribbon.
3. Wooden Monogram – These wooden initials can be purchased online (Etsy is a great resource) and come in a variety of different colors or natural wood tones. After the wedding, the Letter decorated in thoughtful messages can be displayed in the couple’s home for years of enjoyment.
4. Guitar – For the musically inclined… Have your guests sign a guitar (or other instrument)! Definitely a unique and very personal touch!
5. Polaroids – All you’ll need for this one is a polaroid camera, a chalkboard, and a photo album. Your guests can write a message on the chalkboard to use as a prop in the photo. Alterntively, they can stick the polaroid in a blank album and write their well wishes just beside.
6. Thumbprint Guest Book – There are many variations of this idea. The most common one is a tree, where each thumbprint becomes a leaf on the tree. Keep in mind, with this one, your guests won’t have room to write any kind of message to you, so you may need a traditional book as well.
7. Postcards – I love this idea for couples who love to travel (or for destination weddings). Simply display a variety of postcards in a postcard rack. Your guests can select their favorite location, write a message, and drop the card in a mailbox displayed nearby.
8. Puzzle pieces – You’ve found your missing piece, so why not use puzzle pieces to create a truly unique guestbook?! Have your favorite engagement photo turned into a jigsaw puzzle on sites like Zazzle. Guests can write their messages on the back side of each piece and the puzzle can later be displayed fully assembled or loose in a glass jar.
Share your unique guest book idea with us!!